Digital Marketing Intern
2018 Internship Program
Learn about the world of children's book publishing!
StoryBook Genius Publishing offers paid internship opportunities to learn about the world of children's book publishing! Opportunities are available in our editorial, marketing, online marketing, publicity, and sales teams. We offer internships during the spring, summer and fall, with each session generally lasting 10 weeks. Interns will work 15-20 hours per week for the spring and fall sessions and a minimum of 20 hours per week in the summer. Opportunities are available in our St. Louis, Missouri office.
Digital Marketing Intern Position: Unleash your digital marketing wizardry! StoryBook Genius Publishing is seeking an intern to work on our fast-paced marketing team. Duties will include:
- Assist in production of original marketing content including drafting, reviewing, and posting blogs.
- Plan and execute social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; as well as monitor the performance of our publishing company across all social media platforms.
- Aid in developing weekly email marketing email campaigns using automated marketing platforms.
- Aid in creating marketing collateral materials email campaigns using automated marketing platforms.
- Write meta content to support SEO initiatives.
- Develop digital marketing strategies that will meet marketing objectives.
- Create and implement tracking code to measure social content executions.
- Work with SEO tools and platforms to create keyword maps for company websites.
- General office assistance and ad hoc projects that will enrich the student with marketing skills and experience.
This internship is ideal for a college student to gain work experience, the intern will benefit from substantive experience and mentoring from our team.
Requirements: Excellent writing and communication skills; strong attention to detail; ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects; strong research skills; familiarity with social media platforms (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Goodreads); Previous experience with publishing and content marketing is appreciated, but not required. Ideal candidates should have a strong interest in children's books, films, and toys.
Location: St. Louis, Missouri.
Payment: Unpaid positions available for credit or limited paid positions (no credit) are available.
How to Apply: To apply, submit your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your interest in our internship program to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please indicate which time period you are interested in interning (summer, fall, etc.). All applicants must like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter so that we can get a sense of your social media presence. Please also include on your resume any appropriate social media accounts that can be taken into consideration (i.e., usernames for Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, Goodreads, etc.). IMPORTANT: When applying, please indicate which specific weekdays you can commit to working from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
About Us: StoryBook Genius is a growing independent children’s book publisher in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. We believe in the power of reading to expand minds, ingnite curiosity, and open hearts. We foster a fast paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment that benefits our diverse international community of authors, illustrators, and team members. We are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. More information can be found at http://www.sbgpublishing.com .
StoryBook Genius values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.